Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dream Interpretation: Make the turn to get what you say you want




Pay attention to levels and directions in your dreams.  These will offer clues to your current status and the route your dream suggests for you.

Dear SMYD,

Background:  I gained a lot of weight while I lived a high stress life for more than 25years.  When I first retired and changed my life, I decided to go on a diet.  I lost 20lbs pretty fast.  But I have been stuck for over a year now.  I want to lose about 20 more pounds.  I use my Wii balance board every day.  I even tried “Losing it with Jillian” exercise DVD’s.  I track everything – minutes of activity, food eaten, calories burned – the works.  I feel like I’m doing everything right, but I just go up 2lbs and down 2lbs. 

In my dream I am driving my car in the dark and it comes to light that the car is overheated.  I am distressed by this and tell my passenger (don’t know who it is), "Oh no!  I've been driving it overheated for a long time."

Next I'm in the garage with Jillian Michaels!  I'm standing on my Wii balance board and there is a tow rope attached.  I'm up on some sort of platform.  There is snow on the floor of the garage.  We have devised some sort of game – the garage door will open and Jillian will tow me out on the board as though it were a ski.

But I’m not ready.  First off, I'm facing the wall of the garage and the door is perpendicular to me on my right.  And I'm on a raised platform.  So when she begins to tow me I will drop off the platform, have to make a right turn and then be towed out.  I tell her I'm not ready but the wheels are in motion.

What in the world does it mean?

Signed,   
                                                      
Yoyo Dieter

Dear Yoyo,

Driving in the dark is a metaphor for going about your business while uninformed or unaware of something important.  In your case, that something could be your ‘overheated engine’ during all those years of stressful living and working.  In essence, you were ‘in the dark’ as to the damage you might be doing to yourself.

The raised platform in your dream most likely refers to the weight loss plateau where you say you are stuck, at a higher point than you want to be.  Fitness guru Jillian Michaels is ready to tow you off, but it will require a radical turn from what you have been doing.  You say you ‘even tried’ her exercise DVD’s, which implies a short-lived or half-hearted effort.  Current wisdom says dieting and tracking calories is half the equation.  Exercise, represented by Jillian, is the other half of the tried-and-true formula. 



Twice in your dream you say you are not ready to make the turn and be pulled off the plateau.  Examine the truth of that statement Dear Dreamer.  What will it take for you to commit to a complete and proven weight loss program?

Sweet Dreams to You!

SMYD


No comments:

Post a Comment