Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Dream Interpretation - Nelson Mandela leads the way



Famous people may appear in our dreams to highlight a way of thinking that we are entertaining.  Today’s dreamer brings an iconic figure into her own dream as an illustration of her chosen path and reassurance that it’s right for her.

Dear Carolyn,

My dream was very vivid and I still feel all the happiness and satisfaction I felt in the dream.  

It was a crowded auditorium and as I tried to get away from the crowd I see Nelson Mandela also struggling and almost pinned against a wall.  When I saw and recognized him I felt such emotions!  Gratitude, excitement, admiration, love.  I hugged him and asked if I could take a picture with him and he kindly agreed.  
We walked away from the crowd smiling.  We went over to some friends of mine and asked for one of them to take the picture.  I asked if they knew who he was and they didn't seem to know, which puzzled me. 

Then he took a seat next to me and we conversed.  I mentioned how great he looked, how strong and young he still appeared.  Later I realized that he was the guest speaker for the event.  When he was signaled he then got up, said goodbye and walked off; but he turned around and made eye contact with me, smiled, nodded his head in a ‘yes’ motion and continued on his way.

During the entire dream I felt nothing but complete happiness and satisfaction.  I still do.  Like it was real.  It makes me smile and even tear up.  Please help me figure out what this means.  

Signed,

In Awe of Mandela



Dear In Awe,

In your dream you are breaking away from the crowd.  This most likely mirrors events in your waking life where you find yourself feeling different or apart from those whom you’ve identified with until now.  Perhaps you have felt your back against a wall, but you find a hero who leads the way for you.

Of all the things Nelson Mandela is renowned for, perhaps his martyrdom is best known.  Are you also feeling martyred for a moral stance you have been outspoken about?  Your dream features you as parallel to Mr. Mandela, seated alongside him; in a photo beside him; but your friends don’t recognize him, or you, for the righteousness you represent.  It is perplexing to you and separates you from your usual crowd.

Like Mr. Mandela, in your dream you are trying to get away from group-think.  In waking life, you have done this by virtue of your declaration of an ethical stance that is apart from those around you.  Your friends don’t seem to get it.  How can they notknow what you so clearly see as the right path?

The beauty of your dream is that you are certain of your choices.  That is what accounts for the pervasive feelings of happiness and satisfaction in your dream and after it.  Don’t falter, Dear Dreamer!  You’re on the right course!


Sweet Dreams to You!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Nelson Mandela in my dream is like he was in my family house,tho very old but friendly give me one thousand naira note. Very neat. I was so happy he collected it back when he saw my too much anxiety. In his words" giving you one though naira note is strictly" I laughed so hard I woke up. Am from Nigeria

    ReplyDelete