Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dream Interpretation - Fairy tales can come true



Some of us cannot accept our own good fortune.  No matter the face value of those people and circumstances of our lives, we continue to question, unable to enjoy our own happy luck.  In cases like these, our dreams will sometimes help us pinch ourselves and realize that our waking life prosperity is real.  Today’s dreamer receives a beautiful wake up call. 

Dear Carolyn,

I am almost 40 years old and sometimes I feel as if I have spent my whole life looking for a perfection that does not exist.  In retrospect, I see that I may have passed up opportunities and relationships that might have been wonderful.  But based on my pride and high standards, I wouldn’t “settle.”  I guess I believed the fairy tales! 

I’m sure I offended people who cared for me and wasted more than one chance for happiness.  Even now, I find myself on the verge of pushing away a man who seems lovely, but I am distrustful.  It is hard for me to relax and accept him.  He seems to have a lot going for him and he is pursuing me.  But what if he is not what he seems to be?  The risk of pain scares me!  Then I had this dream:



The cottage is perfect!  It has everything I’ve been looking for -- late thirties storybook charm with built-in cabinets, inlaid wooden floor in the living room, a funky chandelier in the dining room, a kitchen window overlooking a heavenly garden, two bedrooms for me and the cat.  And -- it’s affordable!  The deal is sealed and the landlady departs.  I gingerly creep around, visualizing where I will put my furniture and artwork, scarcely believing my good fortune.  Surely she will come back and say it was all a mistake, but she doesn’t!  Then I notice another door.  I cautiously open it, expecting some Twilight Zone horror, but it’s a delightful third bedroom.  I’m overwhelmed with happiness.

Signed,

Always Skeptical

Dear Skeptical,

It is no coincidence that the beautiful new home you have found in your dream is a “late thirties” charmer.  That most likely is a reference to the new man you are considering, assuming that he, like you, is nearly 40 years old.  Like him, the cottage has everything you have been looking for “built in” and “inlaid.”  Maybe that funky chandelier in the dining room refers to a lovable quirk you have observed in him – perhaps his outlook on life – the way he sheds light on things. 

However, your old doubtful self just cannot believe that you could actually “settle” into such perfect surroundings.  You have to creep around gingerly, expecting to find a horror behind the next door. 

But guess what, Dear Dreamer?  It’s all good!  Your dream assures you that this time, there are no unpleasant surprises.  Do not spoil a good thing with your negative expectations.  This just might be your storybook relationship.  Try to relax and enjoy it!


Sweet Dreams to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment