Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Dream Interpretation - Don't be a scared dog



Pay close attention to the emotions in your dreams.  They can lead you to understanding your dream’s message.  In today’s example, our dreamer recognizes the emotion of fear and an underlying sentiment of deception.  That combination is key to calling his own bluff and taking action or forever putting off success to an unspecified time in the future.

Dear Carolyn,

I have a product that I’ve been perfecting for quite a few years with the hope that it will take off and be a big nationwide seller.  My friends and my wife razz me for being a dreamer.  I take quite a bit of teasing.  They say I am just talking and doing nothing more to bring my idea to fruition.  My daughter even rolled her eyes the other day and called me a dreamer!  That hurt! 

Everyone says my idea is a good one, but they are losing faith that I will ever make anything of it.  Maybe I am just a fantasist.  Then, I had this dream:

I see a Chihuahua is frightened of something in the sky.  He shivers and shakes and looks up at the sky in fear, cowering.

Then it seems that he has a pair of cartoon Chihuahua eyes on the ground below him.  They are looking at the sky and he covers them as though he doesn't want them to see what he sees in the sky.  Also it seems like he is making a joke or faking his fear.  The eyes are fake and the fear is a joke.  It's as if he's fooling someone.  Me; he’s fooling me except that I can see that’s what he thinks he’s doing.

Above him I see what first seems to be a bird or a kite ~ red white and blue with wings extended soaring above.  Nothing to be afraid of.
Signed,

A Man with a Dream



Dear Dreamer,

Your Dreaming Self has chosen an appropriate creature to bring to light some conflicting feelings that may be holding you back.  As you know, Chihuahuas are recognized both for their nervous and frightened nature as well as for their fierce personalities and willingness to take on and dominate larger dogs.  One might say that they fake their fear.

Perhaps this is what your friends and family are nudging you to realize about yourself and your idea for a product that sells nationally.  Maybe you do feel some fear or nervousness about actually launching your product.  But after years of “perfecting,” it could be that your apprehension creates excuses and holds you back. 

It is a cartoon or a caricature, a false show of fright.  In your dream, both you and the shivering Chihuahua know that it’s not real.  You fool yourself with it and continue to tinker rather than taking steps to get your product off the ground, like that red, white and blue nation-wide kite.

Make an action plan and do something, Dear Dreamer!  Soaring is nothing to be afraid of!


Sweet Dreams to You!

1 comment: