Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dream Interpretation - Sometimes sex in a dream is sex!



Medication can affect our dreams.  In the case of today’s dreamer, her new medication has changed her thinking about an important aspect of her life – her sexuality.  Her new state of mind shows up in her dreams.

Dear Carolyn,

Two things are going on with me that might have influenced my dream:  First, I feel that my semi-retirement is only semi-rewarding.  So I've been thinking about taking on some volunteer work with young people.  I think that's where the child rescue comes into the dream.

Also, I recently started taking estrogen and it's has brought my libido back – at age 70!  In the dream I had very strong sexual feelings regarding the actor Scott.  Although I do find Scott attractive and sexy I only know him from TV shows.  

Here’s the dream:  In my dream I didn't have or even want to have sex with Scott Bakula; he was kind of an unemployed bum living in a somewhat ratty hotel.  But I found out that he engaged in rampant promiscuity.  He slept with100 women in one day!  I saw a TV movie in which he portrayed a gay man.  It showed him in steamy gay love scenes.

An important part of my dream, though, is having saved the life of a young child.  Because he was wearing a strange costume he could not walk.  The 3-year-old was dressed to look like a toy game board piece (flat on the bottom).

I was outside a hotel when the tide came rapidly rushing within a couple feet of the front door.  The child didn't move and I grabbed him and got him safely inside.  

I'm looking forward to your interpretation of my peculiar dream.

Signed,

New Life at 70





Dear New Life,

You’re right – the waking life changes you're experiencing from your new prescription of estrogen are showing up in your dreams. 

The resurgence of your sexuality is portrayed in a couple of ways in your dream:  First in your attraction to Scott Bakula.  Your dreaming self has chosen him as an object for you to focus this new energy on – someone whom you find sexy and attractive in your waking life. 

Dreams of gay/lesbian love/sex may have to do with self-love.  And since Scott appears as poor and even homeless (living in a ratty hotel) your dream may be reflecting neglect in the arena of self-love contrasted with the new rush of interest ~ the large numbers of women he's having sex with, the promiscuity, and the flooding waters.

Secondly, the rescue of the child may well be tied to the volunteer work you're considering; and it may also speak to rescuing or saving a childlike playful part of yourself from the onslaught of emotions portrayed by the rising tides.  It will be for you to say, Dear Dreamer, if in the past your sex life was “flat on the bottom.”  Maybe you felt bound and unable to move, or controlled like a game piece.  Not any more!


Sweet Dreams to You!




No comments:

Post a Comment