Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Dream Interpretation - Keep the faith!



Most dreams depict the dreamer’s personal circumstances metaphorically.  But sometimes, they just tell it like it is.  Today’s dreamer is presented with a pretty direct likeness of how he’s feeling along with a take-away message that is right on point.  He needs only to recognize his strengths.

Dear Carolyn,

I am a young writer, trying to get a break into the successful, published world.  I know I’m good, but it’s very hard to make any headway.  I’ve had a few things accepted and published – some wins – which is encouraging, but I also feel discouraged a lot of the time.  It seems like there is too much to do that doesn’t have anything to do with writing.  I don’t even know some of the stuff I should be doing!  And I don’t have a lot of money and I’m not sure who to trust.



In my dream, it’s two of my idols (I’m also a boxing fan):  Sugar Ray Leonard challenges Evander Holyfield to a fight.  Holyfield doesn’t want to fight him, but Leonard keeps on taunting him.  They are in the ring.  Maybe I am Sugar Ray Leonard – I am seeing all this from the corner of the ring behind SRL – like him, I’m small and out of my weight class, but feisty and determined to have a fight. 

Finally, Holyfield says OK, and hits Leonard in the face.  It is immediately clear that I am out of my weight class and over my head.  Holyfield hits Leonard a second and third time.  Leonard is helpless, beaten, pulverized in moments.  But he does not give up.  He will not give up.

Is this dream telling me to hang up my writing gloves?

Signed,

Sugar Ray


Dear Sugar Ray,

You might think that your dream shows you out of your weight class and picking a fight you can only lose.  But look again at these two fighters whom you idolize – both are winners and both represent parts of you. 



You first take the role of Sugar Ray Leonard who was noteworthy at least in part because he did keep fighting.  Remember, he retired more than once and came back to fight and win again and again.  He fought in multiple weight classes and was successful.  He fought when others thought he should not.  You mentioned you don’t know who to trust – Sugar Ray trusted his instincts and persisted even when the going was rough.  Tap into this determination in yourself!



Your dream choses Evander Holyfield to represent your other positive traits.  You are aware that he was nicknamed “The Real Deal” because of his multiple talents in the ring and solid character, just like you in the writing arena.

As you know, these two never actually fought each other.  In your dream, they represent two parts of yourself.  You win either way!  Have faith in your strong suits, Dear Dreamer, and keep writing.  Now is not the time to hang up your gloves.

Sweet Dreams to You!



No comments:

Post a Comment